Game Time

My lower-echelon team is better than your lower-echelon team.

Sunday, September 25, 2005

Leaning In

It's been over 24 hours and I'm feeling like it's going to happen. There's still lots to consider, and probably lots more that I haven't even begun to consider, but it'll probably happen.

What I'm realizing now is that this is a tough undertaking. Writing for the GNR for two years was tough enough and I got paid right around zero dollars to do it. But now? I'm looking at about twenty times as much work for basically zero times the pay.

Doing it for the love of hockey and writing? Seems insane, but it's not like I haven't done that before. Somehow, now it's definitely different.

Anyway, still plenty to figure out, but I'm putting pages together on a demo that seems promising. I'll finish it soon and start floating it by some people.

In the meantime, I gotta figure out a business loan for some start-up investment purposes. And I gotta learn more about Jay McClement.

By the way, Dallas Drake is the perfect Captain. I've long considered myself to be a bit of a grinder who can contribute. To me, that's the ultimate compliment for a hockey player. Dally Drake is a grinder who can contribute. We're going to love this guy this year.